- The most troublesome domestic species.
- They can cause infection and disease.
- One female produces 35,000 offspring in one year.
- Found in moist areas.
- Up to 5/8″ long.
- Includes largest of species; up to 1-1/2″ long.
- Also known as Palmetto or Flying Water Bug.
- Attracted to sweets, grains, hair, soap.
- Found in home foundations, under wood, and near pools.
- Also referred to as the waterbug.
- Up to 1.25 inches long.
- Oriental roaches feed on all kinds of filth.
- Generally found outdoors and migrate indoors during cold weather.
Smoky Brown Roaches
- Closely related to the American Roach.
- Feeds on plant material.
- Commonly found living in wood, shingle roofs, and in gutters.
- Feeds on decaying matter.